At Inglewood Manor we take our responsibility towards the environment very seriously, and are committed to working in a sustainable way. To this end, we have put in place the following policy to ensure that this commitment is met:
- We either comply with or exceed the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We are continuously seeking ways in which to improve our environmental and social performance.
We expect a similar commitment from our suppliers and contractors.
- Wherever possible, we are committed to the reduction of pollution, emissions and waste.
We are constantly seeking ways of reducing our use of energy, water and other resources.
- We aim to raise awareness of environmental issues amongst the Inglewood 'family', and to this end are committed to keeping guests informed of changes and improvements in our environmental performance, and to training staff in sustainable business practices.
- We assist customers to use our services and products in an environmentally sensitive way.
- We have joined the Green Business Tourism Scheme as an indication of our commitment to sustainable practices.
To assist us in achieving the above, you can help in the following ways:
- Please turn lights, appliances and sockets off when not in use (particularly when leaving your room for any length of time).
- Please try not to use water unnecessarily - turn the taps off when you've finished.
- Washing towels uses energy and water and releases chemicals into the environment. Most guests are helping us to minimise the impact of this by re-using towels where possible at least once during their stay. (Please place towels you do not wish to re-use in the bath for collection by housekeeping).
- The hotel orders a selection of newspapers every day. Please only order a newspaper for your room if you really want it.
Thank you for helping us become a more environmentally friendly organisation.
Inglewood Manor is proud to hold the Green Tourism Silver Award from The Green Tourism Business Scheme